After struggling with headaches and an upset stomach all week, I was hoping that I'd be spending this weekend recovering. Well, I guess I had hoped for too much. Although both my headaches and stomach irritation are now gone, they were both promptly replaced with a head cold and chest congestion. And this duo was converted into a horrible trifecta by an irritating sore throat. Just my luck. It truly sucks to have to spend the weekend this way.
I had planned to do quite a lot of things around the house this weekend. I even brought some work home because there were some annual staff appraisals I needed to work on. But instead, I'm feeling so lethargic that the only things I was able to achieve all day today were my "Must Do's" namely, stop by the supermarket for some food shopping; make a quick run to the bank to get some cash for the week ahead; and drop by McDonald's to get myself some lunch. On top of all of that, I had to battle the cold for it was -2 degrees Celsius (about 29 degrees Fahrenheit) this morning when I went out for my errands.
Once I got home, I immediately put the grocery stuff I away, had my lunch and quickly went back to bed. I hope I'll feel much better when I wake up later today or tomorrow. I hate being sick and I hope that this bout with the colds doesn't worsen to a flu. I hate having to use up vacation days for an illness. It's just a total waste of a day off from work.
And to make matters worse, I am missing you terribly.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Sick As a Baker's Dog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web



38 responses:
At least you were able to run errands despite your being sick. Hey, get well soon!
The last line was so striking. Try to look at it the other way. Let the thought of her energize you and keep you well. =)
just rest and be well bro. i know the feeling, weekends should be spent traveling to another place or doing hobbies and not staying on the same bed you had all week. regards.
i hope you feel better soon. take your meds on time and drink more fluids except soda, ok? *fist bump* :D
seems like everyone i know is sick. had colds myself since last week.
hope you get well soon!
hope you feel better now my friend.;)
Oi, take lots of rest and meds this weekend. and get well, pards. Getting sick can be a pain to both our personal and blogging life...
nako panaderos, get well soon. kain ka madami fruits and drink lots of water. feel better!
ay, sana neighbor mo ako. dadalhan kita ng luto ko.
ay, mali. huwag na. baka lalo kang magkasakit.
inom ka lagi ng gamot. itulak mo ng red wine o whiskey.
mali pala. tubig na lang.
i'm not a good nurse. get well soon na lang.
:)
we hope that you get well soon. i too have been experiencing coughs but maybe not that worst. i still can manage to do the typical activities.
Uso ngayon ang flu. Did you get a flu shot? Darn, there was a free flu shot at our office building lobby and I missed it.
Lots of water and juice, healthy food, lots of sleep and relaxation and youd be back in a few days. For sure you must have felt better when you watched the fight of the century last sat night hehe :)
awww, that last line is the biggest "sickness" of them all.:D get well soon, Panaderos.
get well soon. rest and water therapy lang yan!
As BW alluded to; a flu shot in September or October should, also lots of warm water or warm juices.
One thing I learned from one of thousands of commenters in the net was: "if you have a flu, a kernel of garlic thinly sliced, mixed it with warm water or tea (6/8 fl oz)". It works for me. Doesn't hurt to try.
hey man!
I know it sucks. I hope you are feeling better now. Yeah, just drink lots of H2O.
hmmm and surely she misses you much also :)
Abaniko,
Thank you very much, Pards. I feel better but there are still some residual effects from the weekend.
WitsandNuts,
Thanks. I'm trying. :D
Lawstude,
Thanks, Pards. I'm getting pretty sick of my bed at this point. I'd rather be up and about.
Regards too. Take care.
Mari,
I am taking my meds and drinking liquids faithfully. In fact, I ran out of meds last night and stopped by the drugstore on my way to work to replenish my supply. I feel a lot less congested now although I'm still dealing with the residual effects. Plus, it was very cold here this morning. :-(
Fist bump? That's it? Isn't that a serious demotion??? :D
Carlotta,
Thank you very much. Take care. :)
Nyl,
Thank you. I'm working on it. Being sick is so boring. :-(
Rudy,
Thanks Pards. It did hamper both my personal and blogging lives. I was supposed to post more over the weekend but I wasn't able to do so because of this cold. :-(
Prinsesamusang,
Thank you. Will do that. I need to get well real soon.
Atticus,
Thank you. Oo, kukuha na lang talaga ako ng nurse. Baka maging alcoholic pa ako sa mga advice mo. Hehehe :D
Dong,
Thank you very much, Pards. Ingat ka rin. Uso yata ngayon talaga ito regardless of where we are in the world.
BW,
I was supposed to get a flu shot last Wednesday but I missed it because I was out sick. :-(
It was indeed a great bout. I need to work on my sleep though. I need more.
Luna Miranda,
Thank you. Damang-dama ko ba? :D
Scud,
Thanks, Pards. Have been drinking quite a bit of water and so far, it's working. Salamat uli.
TruBlue,
Garlic? Wow. This is the first time I'm hearing of it. I had ginger tea ("salabat") over the weekend and it did make my throat feel a lot better. But doing it with garlic? I think I ought to try that. Interesting.
Verns!
Kumusta ka na? Thanks. I am feeling a little better na. I'm just glad that my sore throat has subsided quite a bit. I'm back at work today although I'm still taking things a bit easy.
Take care! :)
sana ngayon eh magaling ka na. hirap talaga kapag malamig.
sino yung namimiss mo? ilabas mo na at ipakilala sa amin. hahaha! =D
Oh so sorry to hear you've been sidelined. Get the rest you need. Sleep and forget about bloghopping for a while.
Get well soon...
RJ,
Medyo umiigi na ang pakiramdam ko pero may kaunti pa rin akong ubo at sipon. Unfortunately, kailangan ko nang pumasok.
Tungkol sa pangalawa mong request, SECRET. LOL!!
Photo Cache,
Thanks, I'm feeling a lot better although I'm still dealing with the residual effects of the cold. :)
Sidney,
Thank you. Take care. :)
Hope you feel better by now. Take care.
Em,
Thank you very much. I am feeling quite better now in spite of the cold and rain here in our area. Thanks again. :)
Post a Comment