Sunday, October 19, 2008

Live From New York.... It's Sarah Palin!

Well, it was just a matter of time before the real Sarah Palin made an appearance on Saturday Night Live and last night, she did just that. This was the opening skit:


Though both Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey have both expressed support for Senator Obama, everyone deserves a lot of credit for being such a good sport. It's obvious that everyone still had a good time. Third World politicos can learn a lot from these people in terms of civility.

Anyway, it wasn't the only skit for Ms. Palin. About 45 minutes into the show, she again appeared on the Weekend Update skit and danced to a hilarious rap tune the folks at SNL wrote up for her:


Enjoy. :)

16 responses:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Local politicians can learn a thing or two from this. Kung dito yan sa Pinas nagyari, sigurado na-salvage na yang mga comedians na yan. He he.

Unknown said...

Our politicians here, especially the traditional ones (kasama na dun yung mga warlords), think they are above everything and making fun of them is unforgivable. It's high time these idiots pull out the 2x2's out of their asses and lighten up...

Oh and Tine Fey is hot hot hot! :-D

rdl said...

Thanks for putting this up. stop by for your award.

Anonymous said...

despite the bump, amy poehler managed to rap liek a pro. the back-up eskimos are hilarious! :D

Photo Cache said...

I actually missed her on the weekend update. I thought her part was finished after the first skit.

I thought Tina Fey was more likeable as Sarah Palin. Seriously this election is keeping me up on Saturdays waiting for SNL, which I haven't seen until Tina did Sarah.

I also enjoyed that skit with Mark Wahlberg, that was funny.

atticus said...

that was so hilarious. haha!

Anonymous said...

I don't think Tina Fey was a sport though. She's vocal with her disdain of Palin didn't even speak with her at all. I mean if you truly abhor the person at least don't try to make a living impersonating her :( Her two-facedness is quite irritating :(

Tina Fey to me was the downer for the whole show. I love the moose getting shot though :)

Again, many black personalities interviewed on TV chastised Palin for enjoying the show "too much" as if she was bidding for stardom. Now I'm thinking for Barack to lose if only to shut up these arrogant nutheads :(

Panaderos said...

Mon,

So true. A number of our politicians take themselves too seriously for their own good.

Panaderos said...

Rudy,

A lot of our politicians came to power through their guns and gold. Since these taxpayer-funded bullies are fully aware that the source of their mandate is illegitimate, they will do everything in their power to stifle any form of dissent.

Panaderos said...

RDL,

Thank you very much for the award. I stopped by your site yesterday. The thought's very much appreciated. Thanks again. :-)

Panaderos said...

Photo Cache,

Mark Wahlberg was funny too with his deadpan expressions. That's good comedy. :-)

Panaderos said...

Mari,

Indeed. I liked that segment a lot more than the opening skit. Sarah Palin was supposed to do the rap but when she refused, Amy Poehler gamely did it for her. The scene with the moose being shot was the best. Hahaha :-)

Panaderos said...

Atticus,

SNL has gotten a lot better over the years. The comedy skits and the comedians have become more talented, intelligent, and funnier.

carlotta1924 said...

grabe, mukhang twins talaga sina tina fey at sarah palin!

and sarah palin is such a good sport. tama ka, kung dito yan siguro the politicians will be crying "libel" or "slander" or kung anong maisip nila dahil na-"tarnish" ang kanilang "image." he-he-he.

Panaderos said...

BW,

A lot of people outside the US haven't really seen the ugly side of politics here, especially the vitriol coming from some of Obama's supporters, especially among African-American politicians and Hollywood celebrities. Some of the statements lashed out at Palin and McCain have been uncalled for with no fact or sound reasoning as basis.

There are millions of "silent" Americans out there who strongly disapprove of such actions but they dare not voice out their opinions for fear of being labeled racists or worse. Yes, the race card unfortunately is being played and it's sad to note that most of the people playing it come from Obama's community.

Panaderos said...

Carlotta,

The resemblance is indeed quite striking. It was said that years ago, Sarah Palin attended a Halloween Costume party as Tina Fey. How the roles have switched since then. :-)