Sunday, March 23, 2008

Here Comes The Sun

Little darling,
It's been a long cold lonely winter;
Little darling,
It feels like years since it's been here.
- The Beatles

It may be quite hard to imagine but in a few weeks, all these oak trees will be thick and green with leaves once again, bringing much needed life and vibrance back to what now seems to be a dead and drought-parched forest.

Soon, the summer birds will be back, the kids will be out in full force playing in the parks, and people will be working and planting flowers in their gardens. A renewal.

Spring's finally here.

Original Photo by: Panaderos

30 responses:

dr_clairebear said...

i've always wanted to live in a temperate country to experience all the seasons in their glory. winter is not so tempting, but fall is just amazing, and sping has a charm all its own. having been in a tropical environment all my life, it's nearly always summer no matter the time of year.

i hope i don't regret the move!

dr_clairebear said...

by the way, i've linked your blog to my blog to make return visits easier. i will definitely be back.

Fingertalks' other blog said...

spring's there! summer's here..oh-oh...scorching heat once again. :p

have a nice day, panaderos!

ipanema said...

counting the days huh? yes, your summer is around the corner. enjoy the season! :)

docemdy said...

This song is such a feel good song. It reminds us that everything ultimately works out in the end.

Unknown said...

Vivaldi's Four Seasons would be a more fitting music, hehe. :-D

Hay hope you had a nice Easter weekend, pards.

Panaderos said...

Hi dr_clairebear,

Except for winter, I'm fine with the other seasons. Winter just presents a host of inconveniences such as additional layers of clothing, digging one's self and/or car out of the driveway, and dealing with all the mud and slush as the snow melts. Plus, I enjoy going out on long walks and winter prevents me from indulging in one of my favorite weekend activities.

Thank you very much for stopping by my blog. Your visit's very much appreciated. Thanks too for the link and I will do the same. Please stop by anytime. :)

Panaderos said...

Hi Fingertalks,

Where I am, summer is at its peak in June and July. Good thing someone invented the A/C.

Thanks and have a great day too!

Panaderos said...

Ipanema,

True, I love Spring too and except for sping allergies, I'm feeling a lot better already. :)

Panaderos said...

Em,

So true. It is such a feel good song for it sends a message of optimism and hope. I guess such good feelings came from the fact that the late George Harrison wrote the entire song while out on Eric Clapton's garden one spring day in 1969.

Panaderos said...

Rudy,

Vivaldi's Four Seasons might have been more apt. I even have the CD in my collection but like my idol John Lennon, I'm more of a lyrics guy. And for the past several years, "Here Comes The Sun" has always been the song that first plays in my head whenever spring arrives or during those moments when I see light at the end of a long tunnel.

I did have a great and restful Easter weekend. Thanks, Pards and I hope you had the same too.

abbyG said...

i can't wait, i've been in a slump lately because of the still-nippy weather.

Liquid said...

I am sooooo ready for those fabulous splashes of color!

And I've been quite taken with the trees too as they seem about to burst with joy!

:)

Panaderos said...

Abby!

Yup, Spring is finally here! Like you, the days kind of drag for me during the winter.

Hope you had a great Easter! :)

Panaderos said...

Hi Liquid!

How are you? Yup, can't wait for the bright tree colors of Spring! The birds are making a comeback in my area. The mornings are slowly coming alive again with the sounds of those birds.

Anonymous said...

looking forward to seeing the lush greens!

Panaderos said...

Mari,

They're coming in a few weeks.

princess_dyanie said...

The song reminds me of Brooke coz she sang this last week in American Idol :)

Panaderos said...

Princess_Dyanie,

It's a simple yet beautiful song and filled with hope. :)

docemdy said...

Panaderos, I'm a lyrics person too. I love songs I can sing along too. The classics bore me.

Panaderos said...

Em,

The type of music I listen to depends a lot on my mood. Most of the time, yes, I do listen to songs. But there are times too when I prefer to listen to jazz music and some of the classics such as Strauss and Beethoven. However, I must admit that I can count with the fingers on one hand the number of times I've felt like listening to classical music. :)

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! I know the feeling of eager anticipation. And life goes on...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that spring has officially arrived on record. But where I am, winter man seems unwilling to leave yet hehe :)

Panaderos said...

MegaMom,

My mood really brightens up in the Spring. It was still dark when I left the house this morning for work but I could already hear quite a number of birds singing. Nice. :)

Panaderos said...

bw,

It's really quite tough where you are. Winter was one of the main reasons why I avoided settling in the Midwestern part of the US. Having spent some time in Chicago, I knew that winter, especially around the great lakes, could be quite brutal. Hang in there, bro.

Miss Blogger said...

Spring does symbolizes a new beginning. I just love photos of green grass, flowers in full bloom...

I want you to know that my sister and I love your entries, Panaderos! Keep it up :)

Sasha

Miss Blogger said...

By the way, I've included you in my new entry. Hope it's okay :)

Sasha

Panaderos said...

Hi Sasha,

Thank you very much for the compliment. It's very much appreciated. :) I did check your blog and thank you very much for the great write-up. :)

rdl said...

It sure doesn't feel like it up here in Mass., she says shivering.

Panaderos said...

rdl,

Hahaha You know what? It was 26 when I stepped out of the house this morning. I guess I spoke or wrote about spring too soon. :)