Saturday, March 8, 2008

I Was Thinking....

The song "Unforgettable", sung by the late Nat King Cole and his daughter, Natalie Cole, has long been a personal favorite. I've always wanted to sing this song for a very special someone, preferably after a romantic, candlelit dinner at a local fastfood chain. However, since the song's a duet, I am finding myself in a bit of a quandary. How do I sing it to her?

I have an idea but guys, please tell me if this approach would be ok:



You guys think this will work? Or will it effectively put an end to our relationship? :)

16 responses:

rdl said...

Funny, that was my "wedding song" - great minds think alike.

Panaderos said...

rdl,

Great! It's really a lovely song. :)

Anonymous said...

i love this guy! very talented.

Panaderos said...

Mari,

Yup, he's so good. Might be nice to see one of his shows live.

docemdy said...

If the girl likes you, she'll love any which way you sing it. And besides, the original Unforgettable was not a duet So, you can very well do it on your own.

Or if you insist doing a duet, have you seen how the contestants do it in Eat Bulaga? You just have to practice singing both voices and turnng to your side all the time. He he.

Panaderos said...

Hi Em,

Actually, the original is pretty well within my voice range. (Naks!) Hehe

I can also try the "Eat Bulaga" option. Hahaha

Unknown said...

Uso pa ba ang harana ngayon? :-D

Panaderos said...

Rudy,

Pag sa labas ng bahay, harana.
Pag sa loob ng restaurant, karaoke.

Hahaha :)

vernaloo said...

hmmm since I can't view the video, I'll just say something about men serenading women hehe

I guess that is the sweetest thing. I agree with Em Dy. If the girl digs you, it doesn't matter really if you can or can't carry a tune or even if you sing like Froggy from the movie Little Rascals hehe Take for example Cameron Diaz from My Bestfriend's Wedding...she sung "i just don't know what to do with myself" horribly...like horror-movie horrible but it didn't change Michael's love for her.

So go for it Pans (can I call you that? hehe) I'm sure she'll love it.

Btw I linked you already. I hope you don't mind :)

Anonymous said...

oh yes it will definitely work, look at her so visibly affectionate, obviously smitten, you can tell by the way she sings to him ...

He's not too bad himself. :)

Panaderos said...

Verns,

No problem, you can call me Pans. Hehe

Thanks for the link. I've linked you too. :)

Panaderos said...

Bambit,

I hope my special someone would react the same way. Naks! Hahaha

ipanema said...

lol...delikado yang plano mo kukuha ng puppet na maka duet. buhusan ka lang ni special someone mo. :)

i love that song...it's in my list of all time greats!

Panaderos said...

Ipanema,

Sana hindi kumukulo o mainit iyong ibubuhos niya! Hahaha

rolly said...

Saw this guy perform at the David Letterman show. Very talented.

Panaderos said...

Rolly,

I've been watching him on Youtube lately. He's awesome. It would be great to see him live.