I took a personality test earlier today at the request of my buddy, Gizelle. So off I went to the mypersonality.info site. The test I took classified me as an INTJ or "Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, and Judging", a personality type that is also known as "The Strategist".
INTJ persons were described as: introspective, analytical, determined persons with natural leadership ability. Being reserved, they prefer to stay in the background while leading. Strategic, knowledgable and adaptable, INTJs are talented in bringing ideas from conception to reality. They expect perfection from themselves as well as others and are comfortable with the leadership of another so long as they are competent. INTJs can also be described as decisive, open-minded, self-confident, attentive, theoretical and pragmatic.
Sometimes people perceive me to be a bit aloof ("suplado") but it's because "To outsiders, INTJs may appear to project an aura of "definiteness", of self-confidence. This self-confidence, sometimes mistaken for simple arrogance by the less decisive, is actually of a very specific rather than a general nature; its source lies in the specialized knowledge systems that most INTJs start building at an early age. When it comes to their own areas of expertise -- and INTJs can have several -- they will be able to tell you almost immediately whether or not they can help you, and if so, how." - INTJ Profile
Lastly, according to the Portrait of an INTJ, "INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead. When they are in leadership roles, they are quite effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and are adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. They are the supreme strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against their current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency. "
The downside to this is that INTJs were estimated to make up only 1.5% of the population. It tells you therefore that my dating prospects are quite limited. Hehehe
Gizelle, if you won't mind, I'll respond to your other tag tomorrow. Thanks.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
The "Strategist" in the Baker
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web




16 responses:
Heh, dapat yata naging army General ka, haha. :-D
From your tone and from that photo you chose for your avatar, you do seem to be reserved. =) Wow, and there are only 1.5% of you guys!
Rudy,
Mahirap yata iyon. Ni hindi ko nga matalo ang daddy ko sa chess eh. Hehehe
Gizelle,
I love that photo of John Lennon from the early 60s for it captures the quintessential me. (Oops! Am I allowed to use that word on this blog?) Hehe Take care. :)
I finally took this personality test too after seeing it in so many blogs. LOL, natawa ako sa result, which I will post about later.
Somehow I could've predicted your results. Hmmm...part of my personality ata.
MegaMom,
I last took the test about 8 years ago. Same results. Just goes to show that I'm too consistent. Hahaha
Pareho ba tayo? Hahaha It was a fun exercise. :)
mine's ISTJ - The Examiner aka the "here and now" person.
Mari,
Great! We're almost alike. :D
ang cute nito kasi may badge. :)
i was actually surprised that i was more perceiving than sensing, but i tried to answer as honestly and spontaneously as possible, so the profile must be right. :)
Dr_Clairebear,
The badge was indeed nice because it highlighted how one fared in each area. I also tried to answer as best as I could. I think I succeeded because the results were consistent with the one I got when I first took the test about 8 years ago. (Yikes!)
I did this at a management course once and I was the exact opposite of my boss hehe :)
It is a good method of understanding your personality and other people you work with since you'd be able to channel your ways to their ways and harmonize the workplace :)
bw,
You know what, I was in the exact same situation when I first took the test 8 years ago. I was the exact opposite of my boss. It came as no surprise because I couldn't stand her management style. Micromanaged too much.
Needless to say, it didn't take long before I transferred to another group. :)
You're right in that the results of this test, if properly used, could really be a big boost to employee morale in the workplace. So true.
INFP. I should retake the exam.
Lazarus,
Was that the personality type you got when you first took the exam a while back? Or is it your latest result?
it's my first time. i think my answers were all influenced by my mood an that moment i took the test. the introvert me took over. but in reality, i'm flexible. i'll retake the exam some other time.
Lazarus,
When I first took the test years ago, I was borderline Introvert/Extrovert. I guess I'm more of an introvert now. Oh well..
Post a Comment