I am currently on another business trip. I am on a two-week assignment in Maryland, in a town called Hanover. Hanover is about 13 miles (about 21 kilometers) southwest of Baltimore and is about 30 miles (about 48 kilometers) northeast of Washington, D.C. The hotel I'm staying in is called the Hampton Inn which is part of the Hilton chain of hotels.
Anyway, after doing some work in my hotel room earlier this evening, I got a bit bored and decided to take photos of my hotel room/temporary home.
Above photo shows the kingsize bed and right next to it, a small couch with a small center table. Please pardon the mess because I did some reading earlier and was too lazy to fix the bed up for this mini-pictorial.
The above photo shows a wall unit that includes a tv, dresser, a small microwave oven, and a mini-refrigerator. Immediately next to it is a desk with a vanity mirror. Atop the desk is my old, trusty laptop along with other stuff/junk I use while working such as a cup of soda. :D
Original Photos by: Panaderos



18 responses:
nice comfy room. looks like you'll have the best sleep as the day was that busy.
i enjoy business trips.
The room looks mighty comfy but they definitely need to upgrade their television. Most business hotels these days have flat screen TVs or plasma, or LCD... :-D
BTW, you think they'd allow you to take that tray home? :-D
The Dong,
I did have a very good sleep.
Thanks for the visit. :)
Rudy,
Sadly, that type of tv is still prevalent in quite a number, probably a majority, of US hotels. You will only find plasma or HD tvs in the rooms of high-end luxury hotels.
What's standard is the complimentary breakfast and the high-speed wireless internet connection.
aha! soda again??!
I actually like hotel rooms. I find them cozy and comfortable, and even designed my own room to have the same look and feel.
I like that room very much... it looks very comfy and I'm sure that you were able to do a lot of work. I like nice hotel rooms. For me, they're not just a place to sleep in... but more of a place where you could really relax and unwind and hang out.
Mari,
Oops! Sorry po. Please forgive me.
Mon,
Hahaha After what hotel did you pattern your room? :) That's cool, Pards!
Toe,
So true. It really serves as one's home away from home. It's really important that the room is comfortable because the ammount of rest and relaxation it gives the busy business traveller impacts his/her productivity.
you can send some of your hotel room photos and comments to
hotelroomphotos dot com
thanks
Hotelroomphotos,
Thanks but no, thanks. :)
The life of a traveling man hehe :) I'm sure you long for home cooked food every now and then :)
We passed by Hanover on our way to North Carolina last March. Man the highways close to DC - people drive like nuts on them :)
BW,
You said it, bro. I sure long for such food.
As for driving, tell me about it. Driving down I-95, I saw a lot of cars driving about 85 to 90 mph. I had to avoid a number of them for they were switching lanes like there were no other cars on the road. Geez. :)
The room looks cozy ha? But the most important thing I look for in a room every time I check in a hotel is free internet access. Kahit walang tv basta may free internet access, okay na ako. I can even forego my buffet breakfast for this. :)
The company is spending a lot of money on you... I guess you must be good!
Abaniko,
I agree with you about free internet access. It's one of the things I look for too. Some hotels offer wireless internet while some don't. This particular has free wired internet access.
A few weeks ago, a hotel in California asked me to choose between complimentary wine and free internet for the entire week. I chose the latter. :)
Sidney,
Thanks. :)
Post a Comment