Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Horrible Tuesday

Woke up this morning to the sound of a large explosion coming from the back of my house. I jumped right out of the bed to find out what was going on. What I saw shocked me for never in my life have I witnessed such a scene of utter devastation:



It was such a horrible sight. Bodies were strewn all over the wreckage. Emergency crews were rushing in from our town and from neighboring areas. My neighbors and I rushed out to try to see if we could pull anybody from the burning wreckage. However, the heat was too much for us.

At this point, it has not yet been determined as to how many people perished from this crash. The news this morning was that investigators from the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) were still going through flight records and passenger manifestos to identify both the plane and the flight number. As you can see from the above photo, the heat burned the plane's metal to the point that it made it impossible for investigators to immediately identify the airline involved.

Will keep you all posted.

Original Photos by: Panaderos

45 responses:

Anonymous said...

ha! these photos almost fooled me. but i'm keeping my mouth shut for now.

Unknown said...

Hmmm... there wasn't anything on CNN about a plane crash. Err... April's Fool? ;-)

dr_clairebear said...

true ba ito? i was just about to comment about the way these episodes are about enough to turn one off flying forever when i realized you posted it on april 1. :) if it is, true, though - how horrible indeed.

Jet said...

tsk tsk tsk! almost got me there, naughty boy! hmp...

tell me, have you been to Universal over the weekend?

Anonymous said...

nyhahahahaha! buti nga ;p

 gmirage said...

What the! First hand witness...send mo sa newspaper!

 gmirage said...

Nahhhh...fool's day! =P

jane said...

maaannn,
you got me there, mr. baker!

Panaderos said...

Mari,

I don't think it will remain shut for long. :)

Panaderos said...

Rudy,

CNN had to impose a news blackout pending the notification of the victims' relatives. :P

Panaderos said...

Dr_Clairebear,

It was horrible. I'm still beside myself with grief.

Panaderos said...

Jet,

Not lately. :)

Panaderos said...

Mari,

Just as I thought. Tsk tsk.

Panaderos said...

Gizelle,

I did sell the pics to a newspaper. They told me to set up a PayPal account.

Panaderos said...

Jane,

Could you help provide some counseling to the kids?

rdl said...

I didn't believe it for a minute - well maybe an 1/8 of a minute.

Panaderos said...

rdl,

I'll still take that 1/8 of a minute. :D Take care, my friend.

Anonymous said...

you sure got me april fooled there.

Panaderos said...

Bambit,

I'm still nursing the burn marks on my arms I suffered in my attempt to save some of the passengers.

:D

Anonymous said...

wooo... if this is true you were a darn lucky man !

Anonymous said...

is this for real? or an april fools' hoax? hmmmm....

Sidney said...

Congrats! I saw you on CNN telling the story of this terrible crash.

Abaniko said...

This scene looks familiar ah. Universal Studios? Hehe. Tapos you said morning pero the pictures look like they were taken at noontime. :D

docemdy said...

Happy April Fool's day! Couldn't answer your comments earlier as I could not log on to Blogger. BTW, you're missing a photo. Saw both this afternoon but now only the second photo is visible. That was my problem too last night. Had to repost some entries.

Abaniko, the photographer in you couldn't be fooled. Ha ha.

Panaderos said...

BW,

This was just an April Fool's joke. :)

Panaderos said...

Mon,

Just a hoax. :)

Panaderos said...

Sidney,

Thanks. How did I look in front of the cameras? Was I handsome? Hahaha

Panaderos said...

Abaniko,

Good catch, Pards. The company I work for has a need for highly observant people like you. Seriously.

Panaderos said...

Em,

Really? I'm seeing 2 photos right now. I'll be on the lookout if such problem reoccurs. Thanks for the heads up. :)

docemdy said...

Panaderos, must be my computer. Will check. Some of my pictures are missing. Thought that it was due to image hosting as some bloggers' avatars don't show up too.

RJ said...

whew! kala ko totoo. hehehe

Panaderos said...

Em,

It might be your computer. I've been checking and so far, I haven't experienced any of the problems with the photos that you mentioned. Will still be on the lookout though.

Panaderos said...

RJ,

2 readers got it. I took those photos sa Universal Studios a few years ago. Hehe

princess_dyanie said...

Sus! Kala ko naman totoo! Haha! ;)

Lazarus said...

i waited for April 1 to pass before commenting on this post. i could have been the first commenter kasi 0 comment pa when I read this one. But dun na lang ako sa other posts nag comment. ha ha.

Panaderos said...

Princess_Dyanie,

Biro lang iyan, pang April 1. Hehe

Panaderos said...

Lazarus,

Hahaha You played it safe, huh? :)

bing said...

naughty...

Panaderos said...

Bing,

Sorry. Nag-joke lang. Hehehe

Fingertalks' other blog said...

hey buddy!

u got me there..i almost believed it! and I only mustered to say, "Oh my God"...

buti na lang joke lang to. hehe.

Panaderos said...

Hi Fingertalks!

Yup, joke lang. Pang April Fool's. Hehehe

zherwin said...

hahaha, april fool's day did not enter my mind as i read it only now (so late, i know) buti na lang me mga naunang nag-comment otherwise i'll be fooled hehehe.

good one (i commend you btw for putting a watermark on the pictures). :)

Panaderos said...

Zherwin,

Thanks. Oo nga, I finally found a site where I can watermark my pics thanks to a friend's help. :)

rolly said...

muntik na kong maniwala. Buti na lang nagbasa basa muna ko ng comments. April Fool's Day ha? ANd I was about to comment, what about the black box? hehe

I would have been the fool.

Panaderos said...

Rolly,

Ok lang iyon. Hahaha Good thing nga na you saw the post a few days after April 1 kundi e baka nga kumagat ka. :)