My buddy, Jane, tagged me to list ten things about myself that you, dear readers, don't yet know about me. But first, the following are the tag's rules:
– Each blogger must post these rules first.
– Each blogger starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
– Bloggers who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
– At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
– Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
–Then at the end you tag 10 other bloggers to keep the fun going.
Here are mine:
1. When I was in elementary, there was one entire school year when my "baon" (packed lunch) every single day was Chicken Adobo.
2. Nearly choked on a fish bone when I was about 8 years old. Thus, I've hated boned fish ever since.
3. I don't like fried seafood. I prefer them steamed.
4. Back in my college days, "Good Ah" was my favorite place to take girlfriends out for dinner.
5. I never smoked a stick of cigarette in my whole life.
6. I learned to use chopsticks "on the spot" to impress a Chinese girlfriend's parents over dinner. It was their first time to meet me.
7. Taught myself ice skating by simply watching people skate on the ice rink.
8. Made my entire class in college fail a critical Finance examination simply because I asked the teacher a "wrong" question during the exam.
9. Was a very talkative student in my early elementary years. Was sent out of the classroom 3 times in one day for talking too much in class. That number was, and still is, a Panaderos family record.
10. Got accepted into UP's College of Journalism. Changed my mind at the very last minute, on the day before the start of class, and took a Finance degree at a different university instead.
This time, I'm not tagging anyone. Please feel free to do the tag if you so please.
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Ten Things About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web



36 responses:
Chicken Adobo for one whole year? I wonder how that feels..
i'm a graduate of UP and the different university. you should try it, too. :D
Fishy,
It didn't bother me at the time for that was the only I thing I was willing to eat for lunch while in school.
Mari,
Too late for that. :)
adobo for one year? wow. must be pretty darn goos adobo
Jane,
It was to die for! Hahahaha
You must hate chicken adobo these days, hehe... :-D
"I never smoked a stick of cigarette in my whole life" - good for you buddy, avoid smoking and smokers in general... wait, I am a smoker! :-D
Journalism was also my first choice, but since reporters have a tendency to live shorter than average lives during the Marcos years, I took up Architecture instead... :-D
Rudy,
To the contrary, I'm still into chicken adobo. Haha Walang sawa.
Actually, my father used to be a heavy smoker. I was 11 years old when he quit. Although I don't smoke, a number of my friends smoke and I have no problems hanging out with smokers and inhaling second hand smoke. Hehe
As for Journalism, you hit it spot on, Pards. For the same reasons you cited, I decided to forego Journalism because it was the Marcos years, a period when the journalism practiced by the Marcos crony-owned newspapers was shallow and amounted to nothing more than propaganda. I was not going to allow some Marcos lapdog censor my views.
Same here for #5.
Hi Em,
It never appealed to me.
Welcome back! :)
Fascinating stuff- really man.
i especially love the story about school - reminds me of my son.
And i just have to ask you about #10 - any regrets? this also reminds me of my career path/choices- or lack of decisions in my case.
#5 is quite startling but some people's system system couldn't take smoke - they feel suffocated :)
#7 - lucky you ! A buddy tried to slef learn and banged his head on the ice bad hehe :)
hahahahaha...naku, kung estudyante kita hindi lang 3x ka nakalabas. :)
great 10 honest things about yourself. thanks for sharing. :)
RDL,
Although my Finance degree provided me with a lot of professional and material benefits, I must admit that a part of me still regrets not pursuing my other love, Journalism. It could have been a very interesting life and I could have learned a lot from it and could have developed a lot too as a person.
I feel some regret in those moments when I ask myself what within me remains undiscovered or untapped to this day as a result of the decision I made 20+ years ago.
BW,
My dad used to smoke and somehow, it never really bothered me. I have a lot of friends who are smokers and it never bothers me whenever they smoke around me. However, I just didn't have the desire to smoke.
As for ice skating, I did fall several times that day. However, I guess I was still at an age when I was at the height of my physical conditioning. Naks! I shook off the falls and just concentrated on learning it. :)
Hi Ipanema,
I rarely gave my parents problems when it came to grades. However, the downside was classroom behavior in my early elementary years. I just loved to talk about any topic that was of interest to boys my age like sports, toys, games, etc.
So yes, if I was your student, you would have prayed for a quick end to the school year. Hahaha :)
sa school, love-hate relationship pala kayo ng teachers mo, they love for being bright but they also hate you for talking too much hehehe.
Pareho tayo sa item 9. But I wasn't sent out of the classroom. I was made to sit in a desk between two girls hoping it will stop my talkativeness. But my teacher was mistaken. I was still talkative as ever. Haha.
I guess you earn more money as a financial wizard than you could ever have made with journalism.
Zherwin,
I guess my message to my teachers was "You can't have it all". Hahaha :D
Abaniko,
Hahaha Pareho pala tayo. Unstoppable when it came to talkativeness. :D I guess it's something to be proud of. Naks!
Sidney,
It was true in the Philippines then and I believe it's still true now. From a material standpoint, one stands to make more out of a career in Finance than one spent in Journalism. If financial stability and press freedom in the Marcos years weren't big issues for me at that time, I would have opted for Journalism.
nothing beats adobo! twas my fave baon too, together with pork chop, fried chicken and tocino. extra rice please!
Mon,
Adobo and extra rice it is!! Hahaha the other dishes you mentioned above became part of my expanded menu later. :)
# 7 where did you watch them ice skate at the SM malls ice rink? hehe
You're a fast learner ha! :)
Hi Daphne,
Hahaha Actually, it was here in the States. It was an outdoor skating rink at Grant Park in Chicago. Malakas ang loob kong magtutumba dahil wala namang may kilala sa akin doon. Hehehe Thus, I was able to focus. I watched how the people moved their feet to skate forward and I also watched them "brake" the skates. I found the movement very interesting and quite fascinating kaya ayun, I worked hard that day to learn it. I was able to skate decently, not expertly, in about an hour.
I would not have attempted the same at SM dahil malamang may makakakita sa akin na kilala ako. Hehehe Sa dami ng tumba ko siguradong magiging entertainment ako ng mga tao doon. :D
chicken adobo for one whole year? and i thought weird na yung one week straight ko na same ulam na binabaon ko sa office. :D
di ka naman naumay sa chicken adobo? haha!
"5. I never smoked a stick of cigarette in my whole life."
wow! good boy! onti nalang ang kilalang kong ganto.
"9. Was a very talkative student in my early elementary years. Was sent out of the classroom 3 times in one day for talking too much in class."
so outstanding student ka pla? student na laging nasa out (of the room) heheheh ;)
hahahahaha...bitay abutin sa akin! :)
Carlotta1924,
You're still ok. Oks lang iyang one week. It still does not qualify as a mental disorder like what I had. Hehe
Princess_Dyanie,
Hindi naman. Masarap eh. Hehe
About yosi, yes, good boy ako......kunyari. :D
Yes, I did spend quite a bit of time "from the outside looking in" during my elementary years. Hehehe
Ipanema,
Hahaha Naku po! Palo pala ang aabutin ko sa iyo. Hahaha :D
What the did the girls said about the toilet-looking restaurant? =D (Or does it look that way then?) We used to eat there a lot too especially in the wee hours of the morning since thats the only 24 hour food shop open (aside from Wendy's or 7-eleven:costly!). Why were we eating in the wee hours? We were editing, proofreading, layouting the paper to be on time for publication...*sigh* the thrills of being a Journ student! =P
It was because of lack of sleep that I got anemic lol! If it was Marcos in your era, it was Erap in ours...we were the ones on the frontline during his oust, naku!
It is hard for me to comprehend that you chose numbers over letters lol, if you are told to go out for being noisy, I go out for not wanting to attend class, but that was in highschool, I just don't dig Accounting...
Hi Mirage2g,
Well I was lucky enough that my girlfriends at the time were very understanding of my situation. The money I used for dates were savings from my school allowances. Not once did I ask my parents for "date money". To this day, I appreciate the fact that my girlfriends showed an appreciation and understanding of my situation. I won't forget them for that.
In addition, since Good Ah was open 25 hours a day, it was a very convenient place for us to go to for a very late dinner or very early breakfast. Hehe :)
Finance offered a better means of livelihood for me. However, once I was there, I was able to use my writing skills in drafting business reports and business correspondence for my superiors and for the team. Thus, things still worked out pretty well.
I only meant the way that Goodah is designed, all tiled up like that in a toilet...the food is good there, just im not comfortable with how the surroundings looked. =D
It is very seldom for someone to be both gifted in numbers and letters, wow! Must be another reason why, dami gfs...
Mirage2g,
Don't worry about the Good Ah comment. What you said about their layout was true anyway. I loved their Longsilog. :)
Dami gfs? Naku ha. Hindi naman. Hahaha
Post a Comment