The very thought of you
And I forget to do
Those little ordinary things
That everyone ought to do.
I'm livin' in a kind of a daydream.
I'm happy as a king.
And foolish though it may seem,
To me, that's everything.
The mere idea of you,
The longing here for you;
You'll never know
How slow the moments go
Till I'm near to you.
I see your face in every flower,
Your eyes in stars above;
It's just the thought of you,
The very thought of you, my love.
There are simply moments when no other words can better express what I feel than these words Mr. Ray Noble wrote many years ago. The words and music keep me company during those days and nights when I long for yours. Although I can't be with you all the time, my thoughts will always be.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
The Very Thought of You
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web



14 responses:
very nice song!
You are madly in love, no?
Lovestruck! I know who must be grinning from ear to ear.
Hmm... I wonder how she'll feel when she reads this post, hehe. :-D
Anyways, this song was covered by several artists including Nat King Cole and a 60s band who's name escapes me... :-D
Rolly,
Thanks. First heard this song back in 1993 from an old Mel Gibson movie called "Forever Young". Loved it ever since. :)
Sidney,
Just a little. :)
Em,
Aw shucks. :)
Rudy,
The version I listen to quite a bit is the Billie Holiday version from the 1940s. (Grabe 'no?) I also like Nat King Cole's version. The guy had a great set of pipes.
Oh, to be in love........
Beautiful post!
:)
Hi Liquid,
Thanks. :)
Have a great weekend, buddy!
Nice lyrics and very romantic song. Sarap ma in lab talaga hehe :) Just think of the next time you will see her and your loneliness will be assuaged :)
BW,
Thanks, bro. Can't wait to see her again. :)
Great song man! The version of Nat King Cole is good but everytime I heard his voice i get sleepy. Until I've got the DVD copy of Rod Stewart, it was really a nice rendition of the song and it became my favorite too. If u sti don't have a copy of Stewart version, (Great American Classic vol.3)
Ysrael,
I'll check out that Rod Stewart version. The version I listen to is Billie Holiday. I'll definitely check Rod Stewart's version out. Thanks.
Post a Comment