While we're on the subject of Stevie Wonder and his song "Superstition", I want to post a request for help to any of YOU, my dear readers out there.
But first, please watch the following video:
If there's anybody out there who can dance the way these folks danced, please let me know. The request is urgent. I need to learn those moves. My SO wants us to dance to this song the next time we meet. She claims that she can do these moves with ease. Hahaha
HELP!!!
Seriously, I'm not sure from what program this footage was taken. I'm speculating that it might have been Soul Train but I'm not positive on that. The video has not aged that well and the audio is quite out of sync with the video. But I still posted it anyway because this whole video presents a snapshot of how those times were. Plus, the dance moves are still quite cool even by today's standards.



14 responses:
you have "x" number of days to practice.
be there or be square.
Mari,
Desperately seeking dance instructor. :)
good luck. hahahaha!
Mari,
Never underestimate the Baker! Bwahahahaha (Evil laugh.)
seriously, some of the moves in the video can still be considered contemporary. "we" just added some "hip" to it.
hahahaha! (nervous laugh)
now, back to my shell.
Mari,
I agree. I guess we could say that the succeeding generation added the "hip" to these folks' "hop". :)
A lot of those graceful moves are still being done today in varying forms. The moves are almost timeless.
I think the Aldeguer sisters are somewhere in the US. Hunt them down quick. Ha ha!
Em,
Do you have their address or phone number?? Hahaha
oh wow great song and FAbulous dancing, but I am afraid I HAVE no dancing bones!
I agree with em dy, look up Lally or Teri or even their kid bro Gus if he's there as well. If they're not, baka nasa Cebu sila sa factory ng Loalde which is their RTW company.
SabineM,
Yeah, the dancing was indeed awesome. I won't be surprised if some of those were professional dancers.
Bambit,
Naku thank you! I forgot mga Cebuano nga pala ang mga iyon! They were great dancers, weren't they? Puwede pa pala akong magpatahi sa kanila. Hehehe
Thanks for the info! :)
Pards, are you sure your middle-aged muscles and bones are up to the task? ;-)
Rudy,
As long as there's a drugstore nearby that sells Advil then I should be fine. Hehehe
Post a Comment