Feeling rather a bit blue and lonely earlier this evening, I decided that I needed to do something positive to lift my seemingly sagging spirits. So I sat for a while and did some serious thinking. After a few moments, I decided to do something that I haven't done in a long while.
So I decided to fix up a part of my living room, moved some of the furniture out of the way to create a little open space, and put up some striped drapes as background. I then went upstairs to put on a white shirt, dark trousers, and a pair of shoes that I haven't worn for quite a while.
Once I got back downstairs, I pulled out my tripod, set a video camera on it, and trained the camera on a particular spot on my living room. After setting the scene, I then rehashed all the complex movements in my mind, moves such as The Rolling Grapevine, the Eggbeater, the Travolta, and the Chicken. Ok, I think I'm all set.
Here it goes then, "a 5, 6, 7, 8...!!"
Ok, now if somebody could please get me a glass of water, I'd appreciate it. Thank you. :)
Seriously, the music you hear in the background is called "The Hustle". Released in 1975, "The Hustle", by Van McCoy, became one of the biggest dance hits during the disco era. In the US, it remains a favorite in dance clubs and ballroom dances more than 30 years after its release.
Now, if you would please excuse me, I think I'll just lie down for a while.



58 responses:
John Travolta, eat your heart out!
Mas maganda siguro kung may partner ka no? Hmmm sino kaya?
Is that you doing a Travolta number bro? hahaha :) I remember that Van McCOy hit loooong time ago! Nostalgic indeed :)
hahaha... astig ka! i was waiting for you to bow. LOL. now that's what happens to people who feels lonely and blue.
i'll need to make sure that i'll always be accompanied by friends from thsi time on. or else i might do the hustle too.
you sure it was the hustle you danced to? you sure? and not bet...
oi, YouTube star ka na huh? :)
Oh, I love 'The Hustle'. True, it's still a fave on the dancefloor!
napagod ako kapapanood. pwede ka na sa dancing with the bulalakaw. LOL
next to line dancing, the hustle ang paborito ng mga kano na sayawin sa mga okasyon. been to some and mga naka yapak pa ang mga babae since inaalis nila ang high heels nila just to do the hustle. LOL
Wahahaha! Ayos ito pards! Pero teka, yung Travolta moves came out years after the Hustle hit the disco dance floor. Doesn't matter, maganda naman ang ginawa mong combination. Me? I don't dance unless kung ang tugtog ay yung "Emanuele" by Peter Nero. Remember that music? Hehehehe :-D
I see that a star is born on the dancefloor. Bravo and that was so cool.
Rolly,
Thanks and definitely, mas maganda kung may partner. Hehehe
BW,
Hahaha How I wish that was me! Got this clip from Youtube last night while I was at home and a bit bored out of my mind. :)
The Dong,
Hahaha An idle mind can be a dangerous thing, isn't it? Look what I came up with! :D
Mari,
Yes, I'm sure. Get ready....
Ipanema,
Hahaha Hindi ako iyan! The guy on the clip might sue me for talent infringement. Hehehe
Mitsuru,
I still love listening to that tune. It really makes one go up and dance. That's the seemingly magical effect it has on people. :)
Rudy,
You're a keen observer, Pards! You're right in that what this guy did was not really the pure "Hustle". The Travolta moves came a couple of years later when the movie Saturday Night Fever came out in 1977.
How I wish I could dance that well! Heck, how I wish I could even dance! Hahaha
Major Tom,
Wasn't me, Pards. Picked this clip up in YouTube and toyed with it for this blog. Hehehe
If you were the guy on the video, I'm sure you won't need a coach for Superstition. Waiting for THAT video! With YOU on it!
Em,
Hahaha Your tv screen might crack once I show up onscreen. :D
after viewing the entire video, i noticed that some footworks are missing.
one word. chicken!
Mari,
I'm sorry. :( I'll try harder next time.
steps are vaguely familiar. we probably danced this in elem. the song is not all that familiar to me having a zero social life growing up. but good job.
Photo Cache,
Thanks! Hahaha (As if I deserve all the kudos for the dance.) :D
Since that video was posted on YouTube more than a year ago, I bet this guy is already doing moves for a fee elsewhere. (I saw quite a number of propositions on the comments section, hehehe...) Sayang, would've wanted to hire him as my Dance Instructor (D.I.).
MegaMom,
Hahaha Oo nga, he would have surely qualified. He probably used this as his online resume. :)
My first time to see a headless dance on Youtube. Kewl! Hehe.
whoa! i thought that was u, buddy, until i read the comments thread..
awesome post! hehe
am not yet back to my regular blogging..so many things came up for the past few weeks...
ingatz!
The Hustle? That brings back memories. In fact, I danced it in a school program when I was in prep. An aunt was our choreographer (presentado) so I couldn't back out.
wow! pwede ka sa dancing with the stars! :D your moves remind of the penthouse dancers, panahon ni archie lacson...isa ka ba don??? love the hustle...they're still playing it in dance clubs. last sunday, i also danced...my sharona naman ang music ko. hahahaha danced with my doggie!:D
Abaniko,
Like a chicken without a head? Hahaha :)
Hi Fingertalks,
Thanks, buddy. Ingat din. Kaya mo iyan! :)
See........
Blue ain't so bad, now is it?
I lovvvvvvvvvvve this post.
And dang, dear friend.......
Or as we say around these parts.....
"Dammit Boy....You'z can dance!"
OK
This song will be "stuck" in my head for the day!
Bravo!
Oh, almost forgot, here is a liter of distilled southern spring water, just for you!
Oh, and......
"Mas maganda siguro kung may partner ka no? Hmmm sino kaya?"
Mon,
Pards, if you still remember the steps maybe you can do a demo for us? Hahaha
Love it!
I'll shut up now.
lol
:)-
Luna,
Now you're the second person I know of who has said that they've danced to the beat of My Sharona. I love that song but I do not recall that there were dance steps to it. Please enlighten me para masayaw ko din! Hahaha
Liquid,
Hahaha Thanks for that distilled spring water. I need it badly. :)
I hope you won't mind my asking but do you know the Filipino language or are you part-Filipino? The reason I ask is that you picked a very good comment in Filipino to tease me with. Hahaha
Take care always, my friend. :)
no dance steps for My Sharona, as far as i know...its more of head banging and hip movements!:D sayaw ng mga nagwawala sabi ng nanay ko. :D
Luna,
Hahaha Ok iyon ha. :D For a moment, I was wondering nga if I had missed some My Sharona dance craze at the time. Hehehe
Its under the category 'humor' =P Fool me not!
Its a nice song to dance to!
pwede mag request? alam mo yung TSOP ... The Sound of Philadelphia? Sinayaw namin nung grade 3 yun eh but if i attempted it now i'd probably dislocate something ...
hehe saan ang mukha mo?
galing mo kumembot ah!pang dance instructor ang dating..hihihi
great dancing moves!
seriously? hehehe.
isa yan sa mga pinakamadali yet pinaka-groovy na sayaw. samahan pa ng facial expression, you won't go wrong hehe.
first...belated happy birthday :)
second... you are tagged again
third... you are sooo kulit :D and aliw!!!
How can I forget the steps? My parents have preserved that dance number in dozens of photos and even a video. Ha ha. Makes me squirm whenever I recall that event. LOL
BTW, I have a tag for you. Easy lang. Hope you can do it.
Mirage2g,
How did you know it wasn't me? Hahaha
Bambit,
Hayaan mo, pag-aaralan ko rin iyang TSOP pagkatapos kong i-replenish ang supply ko ng Salonpas at Green Cross liniment. Hehehe :D
Yvonne,
Hehehe Hindi mo natatanong e naging member kasi ako ng Sunday Group ng That's Entertainment noon. :P
Thanks for the visit. It's much appreciated! :)
Zherwin,
Pards, kumusta na?
I don't know, Pards. Pag nakita mo ang facial expression ko, eh... actually let me correct that. Pag nakita mo ang face ko, you'll probably ask yourself "What the hell went wrong?" Hahaha
Mec,
Sobrang kulit ba? Hahaha Thank you for the greet. :)
I'll check the tag out.
Mon,
Well documented pala ang "Hustle" mo. May video pa! I-post mo na sa blog mo! Hahaha
No problem with the tag, I'll do it. :)
hmmm... kala ko scene sa Sleepy Hollow ni Johnny Depp wahehehe
headless horseman cum dancer
Miki,
Hahaha Oo nga 'no? :)
That was great!!! wish we could see the undecapitated version.
when i'm feeling better i'm going to get up and dance with you. :D
RDL,
Thank you. I'll certainly look forward to our dance! :D
Thanks and I hope you feel better soon, my friend. Have a good weekend. :)
Ey .. You're a great dancer.. Sana may mukha ;) by the way I'm recommending your blog to my friends... hope u don't mind
Classic! Grabe! You got me to believe that it was really you? Or was it really you? :-S Nice one!
Aline,
Hahaha Thanks but that wasn't me. I might get sued for misrepresentation. :D
No, I don't mind at all. Thank you very much for recommending my little blog. Very much appreciated. Take care. :)
Maria Theresa,
No, it wasn't me. It was just a little "humor break" I came up with. Hehe :D
Thank you very much for the visit. Much appreciated. :)
Post a Comment