Saturday, May 17, 2008

Replying to A (Supposed) Kid's Question

I was tagged by Monaco for this meme. It is fairly easy because all one needs to do is respond to a kid's question. (I need to be introduced to this rather perceptive kid. Who knows? He might end up becoming a Pope or the Dalai Lama someday. Hehe) Anyway.....

Copy here:
1. Answer the Kid’s Question by Gregory Stock, PH.D. (Remember: Don’t respond as you think others want you to. Respond the way you actually feel!)
2. Add your name (linked to your blog)
3. Tag everybody else!

Kid’s Question #1
If you were the ruler of the world and you could have anything you wanted as well as have people do anything you wanted, do you think you would get greedy and mean or would you be a good and fair ruler?

My Answer:
If I were the ruler of the world, I would work on establishing a fair and free trading system between all nations. I firmly believe that the world has enough resources to sustain and feed everybody. It is just a matter of coming up with a system to make sure that the world's resources are distributed equitably and fairly. No nation will be allowed to have weapons of mass destruction, including the ones that first developed them.

On the personal side of things, the authors of the blogs I link to will be guaranteed Cabinet positions in my administration. :D

However, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I can be a big head and say to everyone that absolute power will never corrupt me. And if I do say that I will most certainly be lying. I just hope and pray that I will remain wise enough to carefully select the people I will surround myself with. I hope that some, if not all, of them would be courageous enough to remind me of the moral responsibility that comes with such power. Should they fail to stop me from my corrupt ways, I hope that some, if not all, of them would have the courage to shoot me dead before I end up bringing the world back to the problems it faced when I first took power.

Participants:

Jhong, Alpha, Women Xplore, Em, Something Purple, Our Journey to Life, My Planet Purple, Princess Bela, Princess Vien, cookie jar of entertainment, allinkorea, kim, idealpinkrose, korean food, Jackie’s Everyday Life, Jackie Simply Pinay, A Whole New World, Tasteful Voyage, A Mom’s note, There’s no place like home, The Girlicious side of a woman, Discoveries, My Online Journal, Thoughts Of Me, Precious Words, In My Kitchen, Em, Something Purple, Bigeyedgal, Chronic Shopper, A Simple Life, Hailey’s Beats and Bits, ,Hailey’s Domain, PinayWAHM, Teacher’s Corner, ZangCaesar, Read my Mind, A Man of My Town, You're NEXT!

I decided not to tag anybody else for this exercise. Feel free to do so in case you want to respond to the question.

4 responses:

Unknown said...

"On the personal side of things, the authors of the blogs I link to will be guaranteed Cabinet positions in my administration. :D" - Totoo? Promise yan ha? I want to head the bureau of customs... mabilis yumaman dun eh... :-D

Panaderos said...

Rudy,

Since ikaw ang unang nag-comment, you get first crack at the Department of your choice. Bureau of Customs it is. :D

Anonymous said...

Thanks for doing this tag.

BTW, can I be the OIC designate of the internet in your cabinet? LOL

Panaderos said...

Mon,

No problem. Why OIC lang? You'll be Secretary of the Cyberspace in my cabinet. :D