Monday, May 12, 2008

In the Still of the Night

So before the light,
Hold me again
With all your might
In the still of the night.


In my drunken stupor, thoughts of you come to me. That's then when they find me at my loneliest, when they find me at my saddest.

Shorn of the control and discipline that sobriety uses to shield me, my tears and pain come and flow easily.

I guess I'll just have to close my eyes and let alcohol's power lull me to a deep sleep. At least when the morning comes, she'll find sobriety back fully recovered and me smiling at the world again, even for just a while.

32 responses:

ipanema said...

i hope you are feeling alright after a sleep. :)

na miss mo lang siya. :)

vonskiea said...

i hope you are feeling better now.
just hang in there and be strong :)

smile :D

Anonymous said...

days fly.

Anonymous said...

I like your haiku and your poem as well. Ganyan din ang nararamdaman ko noon, when I was still single and so far from home.

Unknown said...

Psst, pards... hop on the first plane to Manila, that'll cure your loneliness... hehe. :-D

Lazarus said...

so you're into entrecard as well?

Hmmm... Maybe you also want her to appear in your dreams, and stroke your hair, and whisper to your ears "I'm here, honey!"

Oh yeah, I agree with rudy.

Panaderos said...

Ipanema,

Yeah, it could be tough at times.

Panaderos said...

Yvonne,

Thanks. :)

Panaderos said...

Mari,

Yup.

Panaderos said...

Blogusvox,

Thanks for the kind words and for the visit. :)

Panaderos said...

Rudy,

Kung puwede lang ba eh, I would have done it na.

Panaderos said...

Lazarus,

Hahaha I sure do. :)

I gave Entrecard a shot. I don't know yet if I'm going to like it or not. I'll see.

Anonymous said...

poetry under the influence ala edgar allan poe? he-he

i finished a bottle of chablis last night and also tinkered with my laptop. nope, not ready to post it yet.

Panaderos said...

Mitsuru,

Edgar Allan Poe I'm certainly not. Those were words from an old song by the Five Satins. :)

Will look forward to your post.

Photo Cache said...

This feels like an excerpt from the back of a paperback.

Well, we all have to travel to dark places sometimes. Better way to get there is through the bottle?
Just kidding about the bottle, altho' I have a craving for some cocktail in the middle of the day.

Feel better soon.

carlotta1924 said...

hope you're much better this time =)

i love that song =)

rolly said...

I could've accompanied you in your inebriation but I am no longer allowed to drink. Bit I can still be good company if you give me enough pulutan, hehe

Anonymous said...

Sleepless nights can be a drag sometimes... and a shot or two certainly helps... Hope you're back in fighting mode after a restful sleep :)

Unknown said...

Listen to Yoyoy Villame's Buchiki to bring a smile back on your face.:D

escape said...

hope it will pass. i think you need to dance more.

Anonymous said...

Here's looking at you kid! :)

Jollyjo said...

I could easily name a hundred people who could identify with this post...

My momma said there would be nights like those...we just have to hope there aren't too many.

Panaderos said...

Photo Cache,

Thank you very much. I feel much better now. :)

Panaderos said...

Carlotta1924,

Yes, I'm much better na. Thank you for the thoughts. :)

I didn't realize that the song's more than 50 years old na.

Panaderos said...

Rolly,

Anong pulutan ang gusto mo? Puwede kitang sabayan diyan dahil wala pa namang mga bawal sa akin. Hehehe

Panaderos said...

BW,

Thanks. I'm quite back in fighting and laughing mode. :)

Panaderos said...

Luna,

O sige. Oorderin ko iyong kanta ni Yoyoy Villame sa ITunes. Hehehe

Panaderos said...

Dong,

I might have to copy John Travolta's moves next.

Panaderos said...

Fence,

Yeah. :)

Panaderos said...

Jollyjo,

Thanks for the kind words. Thank you very much too for stopping by.

rdl said...

Hope you are OK!!

Panaderos said...

rdl,

Thanks, buddy. Yes, I'm ok. Thank you very much for the kind thoughts. :)