Friday, May 9, 2008

Who Am I?

I was tagged by Mec for this meme that I found to be quite fun to do.

I AM.... a person who enjoys the simple pleasures of life. I tend to zero in on things that truly matter to me. I value substance over form. Although I also enjoy and avail of the material comforts in life, I do not consider myself as materialistic.

I WANT.... a Playstation 3 (Oops! I think I just made a liar out of myself based on the last sentence I wrote above. Hehe Well, anyway, for every rule there's an exception, ok?.)

I HAVE.... a very deep affection and a very soft spot for kids. I probably got this from my father who was, and still is, a favorite uncle to my cousins. To hear children laugh is, for me, one of those things that make life worth living.

I WISH.... I was devastatingly handsome. Naks! Hahaha Seriously, I wish I got to meet my grandparents and my father's siblings who were no longer around by the time I was born.

I HATE.... to see very good things and very good lives come to an end.

I FEAR.... the loss of a loved one and not necessarily just through death.

I SEARCH.... for meaning in any major activity I embark on in life.

I WONDER.... at times if I'm truly in the right religion given all the nasty things (conquests of foreign lands, the Crusades, the Holocaust, the Spanish Inquisition, etc.) that have been committed in its name for thousands of years.

I REGRET.... having to leave my country for a better life elsewhere.

I LOVE.... Loving and being loved.

I ALWAYS.... arrive for meetings, appointments and dates either on time or ahead of time. I absolutely hate being tardy. I would rather wait for the other person than have the person wait for me.

I AM NOT.... gay.

I DANCE.... to entertain kids and to make them laugh. Mimicking Stevie Wonder's moves never fails to elicit laughter even from kids who hardly know of him. (You guys ought to try it too some time. It works I tell you. Hehe) But the moment another adult walks into the room I promptly stop. :D

I SING.... in my head a lot of times and regardless of my mood.

I CRY.... whenever I hear of kids being physically or psychologically harmed, neglected or abused. They didn't ask to be brought into this world so why should they be made to suffer?

I WRITE.... because I can express what's in my heart and mind better through writing.

I WON.... several Math and Science contests for my class in 6th grade. It led the homeroom teacher of another class to complain as to why I was always competing and winning. Ha! Sore loser.

I AM CONFUSED.... as to why some people just go with the flow and not question things. For me, a mind is a terrible thing to waste and to simply go with the flow leads to inappropriate or incorrect decisions and wasted time and effort.

I NEED.... to know WHY I'm being asked to do or believe in certain things. I am a skeptic. I will steadfastly refuse to do or believe in anything until someone has convinced me of its logic.

I SHOULD.... take a bath more often! Hahaha Was just joking there, ok? Hehehe But seriously, I should exercise more to keep my weight down and cut down on drinks and food that contain a lot of sugar. This is due to the sad fact that complications from the big "D" have killed a number of members of the Panaderos clan.

THE LAST THOUGHT YOU GO TO SLEEP WITH IS.... the people I love.

Now I am tagging Dr_Clairebear, Liquid, and Mitsuru.

33 responses:

abbyG said...

huy di ka nagsasabi ah, Happy Belated Birthday!

Panaderos said...

Hi Abby,

Thank you very much for the greet! Shy kasi ako eh. Hehehe :) Ingat.

vonskiea said...

wow i honor you for adoring children :) you put a smile on my face :) those little angels take my stress away.their laughter and curiosity is just so amazing.

btw, you can try yoga as your exercise :) ingat po!

Anonymous said...

on stevie wonder, are you SURE that you stop the head choreography once another person walks into the room?

i doubt it.

i know you like kids. (put angel smiley here)

Panaderos said...

Yvonne,

Thanks. For exercise, I do long walks on weekends. I get up early in the morning on weekends and walk for about a couple of hours. :)

Panaderos said...

Mari,

Yes, I'm sure and why do you doubt my answer?

Unknown said...

Like you I always arrive early for meetings. I go by the old saying, "Ti's better to be admirably early than be embarrassingly late". That's why people who make it a habit of arriving late during meetings is number one on my long my list of peeves.

Panaderos said...

Rudy,

I fully agree. It's about respect for other people's time. I value my time and somehow, I expect others to extend me the same courtesy.

escape said...

panaeros, i like this one "I DANCE.... to entertain kids and to make them laugh.">>> which leads me to checking out "a little lesson" coz it didn't just entertain the kids but bloggers as well.

Photo Cache said...

glad to learn more about you! i did this meme too.

Anonymous said...

will do the tag...pakatapos ng mga tags na di ko pa nagagawa. haha

docemdy said...

I SING.... in my head a lot of times and regardless of my mood.

Reminds me of Ally McBeal. What are the songs in your head?

Anonymous said...

YOu pretty much told us everything about yourself hehe :) Like you, I have a very soft spot for kids and also need a lot of convincing to believe in something although I'm quite civil about it - at least in my opinion :)

Panaderos said...

The Dong,

Thanks for the kind words, Pards. :) I hope you're having a great weekend!

Panaderos said...

Photo Cache,

Thanks. :)

Panaderos said...

Mitsuru,

Hahaha Ok lang, Pards. No rush. :)

Panaderos said...

Em,

Nahihiya ako eh. Hehehe

Quite a number of them are Beatles songs. "In My Life", "For No One", and "Here, There, and Everywhere" are favorites. "Ipagpatawad Mo" by VST & Co. (the original version) is also a fave. :)

Panaderos said...

BW,

Hahaha I'm with you too on the civil part. I try to be civil but people who know me can clearly see on my face what I truly feel. :)

ipanema said...

nicely written. asus, Belated Happy Birthday po! :)

Panaderos said...

Ipanema,

Thank you rin po! Hahaha :D

the suspect said...

mmmm... very interesting peek of your personality. it is inetersting to note how children figured in most of your notes. that is, for me, quite a case because im really not a fan of children (at least not planning to raise any)... but i adore seeing other kids & love to shower my niece gifts. but just dont plan raise one.

the suspect said...

by the way, i love what i see in your blog. the lay-out is so clean & refreshing. i never thought blue could be that cool (i'm for green). hope u could be some tips on how to design my blog.

Panaderos said...

The Suspect,

Thanks. Became fond of kids because of my younger cousins. Had a lot of fun playing and joking around with them.

As for the blog, it's a template that I got from this particular site: http://technojavi.blogspot.com. The blog's author published a list of blogger templates he liked that he recommended to his readers. This template that I picked is called "Arbol". You can check his site out to see what template might suit your taste.

Thanks for the visit. :)

dr_clairebear said...

hey! i did this tag a while back na pala, only i wasn't tagged by anyone back then. hehehe. :)

you can read the answers to it over here.

you shouldn't keep singing in your head alone. it's life-validating when done out loud, promise!

Unknown said...

interesting sneak peek about who Panaderos is.:D i always believe that those who love children are kinder, gentler individuals. children don't usually remember the gifts you gave them, but they remember the feeling of being cherished.

D@phne L@ur@ said...

Great meme for us to know more about the person behind the doughy nickname ;)

Belated happy birthday nga pala Kuya Panaderos

Panaderos said...

Dr_Clairebear,

Ok. I read your post. You sang Name Game pala. :D

Panaderos said...

Luna,

I think you're right. That's probably why the treatment I get from my cousins and their kids remain warm to me even after years of absence from the country.

Panaderos said...

Daphne,

Doughy??? That pertains to my shape too. Hahaha

Thank you very much for the greeting, buddy! Take care. :)

Anonymous said...

I would love to see those Stevie moves, and I bet, so would a few 4-year olds in my household. ;)

Panaderos said...

MegaMom,

I don't think your 4-year olds will be disappointed. Naks! Hahaha :D

rolly said...

"I AM CONFUSED.... as to why some people just go with the flow and not question things. For me, a mind is a terrible thing to waste and to simply go with the flow leads to inappropriate or incorrect decisions and wasted time and effort"

This alone made me remember that famous line uttered by Kennedy quoted from G. Bernard Shaw

"I dream of things that are here today and wonder why... I dream of things not here today and ask, why not?"

Panaderos said...

Rolly,

Thanks for that great quote. So true.