Sunday, September 14, 2008

Political Humor Break

With the entry of Sarah Palin into the political ring, she has become the subject of many newspaper reports both for and against her. She has also become the subject of late night comedy shows.

The following is a video clip of a comedy sketch from Saturday Night Live that was shown last night (September 13). The sketch features Tina Fey as Sarah Palin and Amy Poehler as Hillary Clinton in what is supposed to be a joint appearance to impart a non-partisan message. Enjoy. :-)

47 responses:

escape said...

hahaha.... this is one way to start your day happy.

patawa talaga ang dalawa.

BlogusVox said...

LOL! That was hilarious. Bulls eye, right where it hurts!

Anonymous said...

this was actually on the morning paper.

Anonymous said...

very funny :) Saturday Night Live was a riot. The best line was " I could see Russia from where I am " ..
Palin being from Alaska LOL :)

Anonymous said...

I feel drained and tired these days. Your post is "Like ice cream after going to the dentist."
I agree with BW about the best line in the sketch. m(-_-)m

Anonymous said...

video no longer available :(

i missed it.

Panaderos said...

Dong,

Those two ladies are great talents. Two of the best in SNL's history in my opinion.

Panaderos said...

Blogusvox,

They were fair and balanced too since they made fun of each lady's quirks. Both did a great job. :)

Panaderos said...

Prinsesamusang,

Really? Glad to have shared it with you then. :)

Panaderos said...

BW,

Yes, I actually heard her say almost the exact words when Charlie Gibson interviewed her last week. It was funny how they used that remark to highlight her failure to address what the Bush Doctrine was.

Panaderos said...

Soulsheik,

Thanks. I just wanted to share this funny video with everyone. :)

Panaderos said...

Mari,

I reposted it so you can view it again.

Unknown said...

I read on MSNBC online last week that SNL has already prepared a ton of materials relating to the presidential and vice-presidential candidates, and the coming elections. Ti's going to be great season according to SNL insiders considering the lineup of interesting characters...

Unknown said...

BTW, Tina Fey does look uncannily like Sarah Palin, haha. :-D

Panaderos said...

Rudy,

I've been a fan of Tina Fey for the longest time and she was the one who immediately came to mind the first time I saw Sarah Palin. Tina Fey is a great comic talent. She was one of the best writers at SNL and her new show "30 Rock" is a huge success because of her scriptwriting and acting.

I truly believe she'll go down as one of the greatest and smartest talents in SNL's history.

pamatayhomesick said...

teka nga!masilip nga ang iba sa video,may nagsend kasi sakin tungkol sa dalawa...

fair naman eh..nakaka-enjoy!

atticus said...

i can't imagine how the world would have handled a hillary "who wanted it more."

arrrggghh.

Nyl said...

haha!sometimes politicians nowadays can give the best or worst humor more than the comic artists on stage.

this is a good laugh to start a day.:)

thanks my friend.

Panaderos said...

Ever,

Ok naman iyong video. Hehehe Pantay ang pag-alaska sa parehong kandidato. :D

Panaderos said...

Atticus,

I have a difficult time trusting her. If she had been more genuine during the early stages of her political career, I would have supported her. But, in my opinion, she simply engages in too much lawyer-speak just like her husband. I have serious problems with that.

Panaderos said...

Nyl,

This campaign is certainly providing comedians with a lot of material. I can't wait to see what the people at SNL would be up to next. :)

Anonymous said...

there's another sketch about the elections on madtv. were you able to watch it. it featured obama and michelle doing a breakdance, ala-showdown. the mccains, on the one hand, doing a waltz. :D
thanks for directing me to nbc for the palin vid. palinize me! hahaha!

carlotta1924 said...

lol! that made my day =)

i've always wanted to watch SNL but somehow hindi ko matiempuhan sa cable.

Panaderos said...

Mari,

I have yet to watch those skits. I will definitely Palinize you! :D

Keith said...

The clock is ticking to November. SNL always got more excitable before elections

Photo Cache said...

tina fey is my idol. she rocks. and this one she nails it on the head.

Panaderos said...

Carlotta,

I like their comedy. It's irreverent, smart, and witty. They don't pull any punches and yet they still manage to make their skits come out as not being too negative or hurtful.

Panaderos said...

Keith,

So true. I eagerly await the other spoofs that SNL has in store as this election campaign plays out. :)

Panaderos said...

Photo Cache,

Yup! She's my idol too. She and Ana Gasteyer are my favorites among the SNL ladies. They're so talented.

Fingertalks' other blog said...

hahaha. this one's funny. really funny! I enjoyed watching it, buddy.

how r u? missed bloghopping here. as usual, the culprit is my nausea. but thank God it has somehow lessened.

take care!

Liquid said...

I am screaming, laughing at this!

I just LOVE SARAH PALIN!!!!!!!!!!!

It always amazes me how SNL charactures are always right ON!

Panaderos said...

Fingertalks,

Hi buddy! I'm glad you liked it.

I'm glad to know that your nausea has lessened quite a bit. Please take care of yourself during this delicate time. I wish you and your hubby all the best. :)

Panaderos said...

Liquid,

A report came out yesterday that fashion items associated with Sarah Palin have been enjoying brisk sales. Even online, the numbers of searches and content related to her are quite staggering. I even saw one report that said that within 36 hours after the announcement came out that she was running for VP, 1.1 million people read her Wikipedia article. She's very popular right now.

Anonymous said...

Tina Fey was hilarious in that clip. Just looking at her at the start of the video was enough to crack me up! And when she started her line with that Palin accent, I was hysterical! Add to this the "I can see Russia from my house" and "I know nothing about the Bush doctrine" lines and I was in tears.

rolly said...

Clinton is a boner shrinker hahaha and of course that"I can see Russia from where I am" Very clever.

Panaderos said...

Mon,

Tina Fey's really great. A news article came out yesterday that said Palin herself showed up at a Halloween Party years ago as Tina Fey. Hahaha

Panaderos said...

Rolly,

No question that Hillary is indeed a very intelligent lady. However, the SNL writers hit the nail right on the head on the level of her sexual appeal to men. Hehehe

SPLICE said...

Thanks to politicians, the likes of Leno and Letterman have more reasons to yap about. Which is a splendid thing.

Panaderos said...

Herson Juego,

In the eyes of late-night tv comedians, these politicians are like "gifts that keep on giving". They provide comedians with a lot of comedy material through their gaffes and scandals. Hehehe

Thank you very much for the visit. Much appreciated. :)

Mec said...

tina fey rocked sarah palin!!! :)

Panaderos said...

Mec,

She does! She's awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

panaderos i'm back!!! hahaha nice post here! hahaha what a real laugh!

Panaderos said...

Neuroticsister,

Welcome back! How have you been? :)

We all need a good laugh every now and then. Helps us keep our sanity. Have a great weekend!

GODDESS said...

been a while... i've been really busy. but i'm back! so brace yourself.. lol!

Panaderos said...

Goddess,

Welcome back! Glad to see you again in my neck of the cyberwoods. Hehe

I hope you're having a great weekend. :)

rdl said...

I loved this clip!! Too funny, but too true! Prayin for the Obama/Biden ticket to win.

Panaderos said...

RDL,

These two ladies did do a great job! Get ready for the Obama-McCain debates this coming Friday at 9 pm! :)