Thursday, February 14, 2008

Post-Valentine's Day Scenario

Ok, I'm away from my loved one on this special day. :( While millions of couples the world over are celebrating Valentine's Day over a romantic dinner and/or in some romantic getaway, I will be here at work by my lonesome. I'll be spending the evening drafting a report and reviewing the work of subordinates. What can I say except that it sucks and it sucks BIG TIME!

However, I find comfort in the thought that a week from today, I'll finally be with my very special someone, even for just a few days. We will have our own belated Valentine's Day celebration. And when we do start our celebration, I assure you all that we will have "one hell of a time". Mu..hu..hu..bwahahahahahahaha!!! (Devilish laugh/"Tawang Demonyo".)

THEREFORE, let me issue the following warnings/words of caution to all of you, especially those who reside in the Southeast Asian region, in the so called "Ring of Fire" (you still have a week from today to take the necessary precautions):

1. If you feel the ground shake while you're outdoors, please run to an open field as fast as you can, far away from the dangers of falling objects such as shattered glass from windows;

2. In case you live near the sea, prepare for a major tsunami warning. Be ready to move your family and cherished belongings to higher and safer ground;

3. Those of you who will be in offices, check the sturdiness of your desks to see if it will provide you with ample protection while you're under it in the event of a ceiling collapse. Look around you and familiarize yourself with the nearest emergency exits in case fire breaks out or your office building is facing imminent collapse; and

4. Contact the Office of Civil Defense in your area on what other steps or precautions you need to take to prepare for an earthquake emergency; and

5. Last but not least, to kids below the age of 13, ask your teachers for a perfectly wholesome explanation of what is the root cause of all the tremors around you.

:P

18 responses:

ipanema said...

thanks for the warning. my God, what kind of seismic activity is going on closed doors....hahahahahaha. Prepare for the battle! :)

Happy Valentine's Day! :)

Anonymous said...

tawang demonyo is like this:

mu..hu..hu..bwahahahahahahaha!

there's no traffic by the way.

Panaderos said...

Ipanema,

It will be some seismic activity. Hehehe

Panaderos said...

Mari,

Ok, I'll make the necessary changes. Hehehe

D@phne L@ur@ said...

Oh gosh alright thanks for the ample warning, I better brace myself. ehehehe ;)

Panaderos said...

Daphne,

This is the least I can do to help ensure the safety of my readers while I'm in the throes of &@#%$#$#%. Hahaha

zherwin said...

you forgot to mention:

stay away from Sta. Mesa, Pasay and Pasig Area as they are the area of concerns for these seismic activities on the 14th, major shocks will be felt on the 15th and 16th and that it will continue until the wee hours of the 17th. aftershocks will be felt until the first weekend of March. :)

Anonymous said...

If there was only one single time in this world and there we no time zones, our planet earth might get rocked on Valentine's night and lose its orbit hehehe :) Have fun and drink lots of fluids :)

Panaderos said...

Zherwin,

Thanks for the additional words of caution. Hahaha The authorities should be put on full alert for possible evacuations. :)

Panaderos said...

bw,

Pards, thanks for the advice. Rest assured that it will be followed to the letter. Hahaha

Unknown said...

Err, better pass by Ongpin and have a bowl of soup #5 muna pards before you do some "strenuous" activity... :-D

bing said...

that strenuous activity is also good for the heart, mind you...

belated happy v-day!

Panaderos said...

Rudy,

I might have to stop by Manila even for just a few hours just to have a bowl of that soup. How about Vitamin E capsules? Will those help? Hahaha

Panaderos said...

Bing,

So true. That is actually the real reason why I feel I need to indulge in some strenous activity. It's good for the heart kasi eh. :)

Sidney said...

...and can we expect a cute baby in November?

Panaderos said...

Sidney,

Yes, and the baby will have my cheeks. Hahaha :)

Ramon Jose said...

is it a bird? is it a plane? no, it's super panaderos releasing some heat, body heat!

Panaderos said...

Mon,

Hahahaha I got a very good laugh out of that, Pards! Good one! :)