Sexy Sadie, what have you done?
You made a fool of everyone.
You made a fool of everyone,
Sexy Sadie, oh, what have you done?
- The Beatles ("Sexy Sadie")
News came out today that the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, the man who introduced the Beatles to Transcendental Meditation (TM), passed away in the Netherlands. He was in his 90s.
He was the inspiration for the John Lennon song "Sexy Sadie" (1968), written after Mr. Lennon had expressed disenchantment with the Maharishi. The disenchantment was over suspicions, later proved without basis, that the guru had made a pass on one of the women in the Beatles' entourage during a spiritual retreat.
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
"Sexy Sadie" Passes On
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Diseño por headsetoptions | A Blogger por Blog and Web



6 responses:
I just remembered my most favorite Beatles albun, the White Album! Unfortunately, the album also reminds me of the man who found refuge in it, taking the album as directly speaking to him, Charles Mansonand Helter Skelter. I remember having read that his Sexy Sadie even tasted the blood of Sharon Tate. Luckily, he is behind bars until now. Such lunacy
Didn't the Beatles spend some time with the guru in India, where the late George Harrison learned to play the Sitar under Norah Jones' estranged Dad, Ravi Shankar?
Rolly,
So true. He and his women are still behind bars today. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's entitled to any parole hearings. That guy looks real scary with a swastika sign tattooed on his forehead.
Rudy,
Yes, they did spend some time in India. They were there in 1968. It was actually at that retreat where most of the songs that made up the White Album were written. George Harrison eventually converted to Hinduism. You're right too in that he studied sitar under Ravi Shankar.
yes, he was i guess going against his beliefs when he did that. temptation creeped in.
what an empire he left huh?
Ipanema,
Yeah, I was surprised too about the wealth he had accumulated. He still has a lot of followers to this day. All the while I thought that he had been relegated to obscurity.
Post a Comment