As a man of my current town, I would be very remiss if I fail to do this....
Congratulations to the New York Giants for winning Superbowl XLII!!!
At the beginning of the season, the sports media questioned Eli Manning's heart and Coach Coughlin's coaching abilities. The criticism and doubts even became more pronounced when the team started the season with a 0-2 record.
Who's laughing now? Thanks guys for the sweet victory. Thanks for proving your critics wrong. I look forward to your parade tomorrow. A very pleased town will be cheering you. Congratulations!



16 responses:
sweet victory, indeed! i never understood football but i slightly got it in the last 59 seconds.
you're going to the parade tomorrow? our office has a good vantage view from downtown! (im gloating, i can't help it. excited hehee!)
Maybe, it depends on my boss. We're in midtown kasi eh. :-(
Suwerte mo, ang ganda ng view mo! Hahaha
I'm just very happy for that team. They were the underdogs and a lot of sports reporters didn't even give them a chance against the Patriots. I'm glad that the Giants proved those guys wrong. Plus, I hate Bill Bellichik with a passion. Buti nga sa kanya. Hehehe
I'm not much of a football fan, although I do have a pretty good idea how the game works. But since I'm such a sucker for underdogs, especially with a sweet victory such as this... natutuwa na rin ako. So Congrats to the NY Giants. :-D
BTW, how was the halftime program?
Rudy,
The halftime program was quite good. They featured Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. He played about 4 songs. The halftime program was a little better this year compared to last year when they had Prince.
The New England Patriots had a perfect record (18-0) going into the Superbowl. Thus, almost all sportscasters predicted a Patriots win. Another great thing about the Giants' win was that the team did not really have any star veterans unlike the Patriots.
I have a patient who asked me last Saturday that treatment be done in the afternoon of yesterday so he can watch the Superbowl. When I saw him yesterday, he was upset because it was not on cable. When I saw him today, I asked him if he was still upset missing the game. He said, he's actually grateful he did as his team lost.
congratulations to the giants! it was indeed sweet victory. reminds me of la salle's triumph over unbeaten UE in the uaap.
Mon,
DLSU's victory was very sweet indeed, wasn't it. I totally agree! :)
Em,
It's good that he missed the game because had he seen it, it would not have been good for his health. :)
Woooooooooo Hoooooooooo!
What a game!
Much~
I lost P500 betting for the Patriots. I was so sure they would win after that perfect season!
Liquid,
This was truly a game for the ages. A record 97.5 million households tuned in to the games.
It was also very funny that based on friends and co-workers' stories, even rabid anti-Giants people such as the Cowboys fans and Eagles fans were also rooting for the Giants against New England.
Don Pepot,
Wow, that's a pretty big bet. The Giants' defense really hounded Brady throughout the game. They really went after him to the point that the Patriots couldn't execute their plays. Their score of 14 in the Superbowl was their lowest for the season. The Giants really got his "number" this time.
who would've thought that yet another manning breaks brady's heart for the second year running? who would've thought we'd be writing about the same things?
http://svelterogue.net/sport/
Hi Svelte,
Wow. I just checked your sports blog and yes, we did write about the same thing. You went into more detail though about Manning's fantastic throw to David Tyree. It was awesome how Eli managed to break free from the Patriots' defenders to throw that great pass that was so greatly caught by Tyree. That scene is one for the ages!
Have fun in Barcelona!! Cheers!!
This year is not turning out very well for me. I was rooting for the Patriots and yet they lost. I was also cheering for Roger Federer at the Australian Open and look where that got him. Perhaps you have a particular athlete or team that you hate, let me know so I can root for him/them. :D
Fence,
Sorry to hear. I'll let you know of what teams I hate. As far as golf is concerned, I'm no fan of Phil Mickelson and Sergio Garcia. I don't like Phil's inconsistency and Sergio's brattiness. There. I hope that bit of info helps. :)
Post a Comment