Monday, February 11, 2008

Thanks

Sometime today or tomorrow, this blog will reach a milestone in its young life. With this, I'm referring to my blog registering its 1,000th visitor.

Let me just take this opportunity to let you all know that I appreciate all of you who have stopped by to read and/or comment on my musings and opinions on things of personal interest.

Since the time I started this blog, I am very happy to say that I've gained quite a number of new friends. It has been a fun and, at the same time, a rewarding learning experience for me. For those of you who blog, I've learned a lot from your blogs and I hope, in my own small way, that I've been able to return the favor. To those of you who have stopped by to simply read, thank you very much too.

Thus, as a token of my utmost appreciation and mindful of the fact that Valentines' Day is just around the corner, the 1,000th visitor to this blog will be entitled to the following:
1. A P100 gift certificate at Aling Lucring's Beauty Salon (J.P. Rizal branch) - for the sophisticated woman/metrosexual in you;
2. A romantic dinner for 2 afterwards at Good Ah (branch near NAIA);
3. A romantic riverboat cruise for 2 along that historic stretch of the Pasig River from Jones Bridge to the Ayala Bridge; and
4. To cap such a romantic night, an evening calesa ride for 2 by the Luneta and along Roxas Boulevard, escorted by 2 PNP motorcycle cops.

Thank you so much. :-P

P.S. There are moments in a person's life when there simply are requests one could not just refuse and here's one of them. I've been asked to add consolation prizes and here they are:

1. A romantic lunch for 2 at Authentic Batchoy on Escoda Street (Manila);
2. Another romantic lunch for 2 (in case hindi pa kayo nabusog sa batchoy) at Tapsihan sa Main in Sta. Ana where a great lunch could be had for P60 (per person); and
3. One month supply of Ube Flavored Hopia from Eng Bee Tin.

Ayos na ba? :D

32 responses:

docemdy said...

Congratulations! How do you track the data? Analytics?

ipanema said...

i'll take the last 2 anytime! :)

congratulations!

Panaderos said...

Hi Em,

I developed my own algorithm. Hahaha Just kidding. Thanks for the greet. :)

Panaderos said...

Hi Ipanema,

Thanks. The riverboat is being warmed up and the horse is being fed as we speak. They're both waiting for the "lucky" visitor. :-P

bing said...

am having my doubts on the romantic riverboat cruise along Pasig River he he if i win I will not choose that. first, if worst comes to worst, i don't know how to swim, and if i know how to swim, i think i'll die, too, most probably because of pollution. :-)

Panaderos said...

Bing,

Why not the Pasig? Won't night swimming be romantic there? Hahaha

Anonymous said...

#4 would be nice.

i'm the 1001 visitor. sayang! wala bang consolation prize dito? kahit batchoy or chicharon bulaklak na lang. hahahahaha!

Panaderos said...

Mari,

I can always add a consolation price if there is a demand for it from my esteemed audience. Hahaha

May recommended ka bang brands or establishments na ang specialty e batchoy or chicharon bulaklak?

Anonymous said...

batchoy - authentic batchoy in escoda street. the best for me! it's been there since i was a kid. and i'm a frequent customer in the mornings.

chicharon bulaklak - i'd recommend the one in sta ana. they serve huge servings for less than 100pesos. nagmantika talaga ako. and i have a photo to prove it.

Panaderos said...

Mari,

Ok. Consolation prizes it is then. :-)

Liquid said...

I'll just take the warm wishes you have granted me over the past month.

he he he......

Seriously!

:)

Panaderos said...

Hi Liquid,

Thanks. Good luck with the Art Competition! I love your photographs. :)

Victoria Kapauan-Gaerlan said...

Hail the fabulous Baker boy (that was a movie, wasn't it?) Am angling for the ube flavored hopia from Eng Bee Tin, wala bang kasamang calesa tour around Binondo dun?

Thanks for the visit btw. :)

Panaderos said...

Hi Bambit,

Masarap nga iyong ube hopia sa Eng Bee Tin. And sure, that calesa tour around Binondo can be arranged. Hahaha

Thanks for the visit too. It's very much appreciated. :)

Unknown said...

Hey congrats, pards. I never even got five hundred let alone a thousand, on my first month in the blogosphere, haha. :-D

Panaderos said...

Rudy,

Thank you very much, Pards. From those humble beginnings eh marami ka nang fans sa blogosphere. Thanks again for your support! :)

D@phne L@ur@ said...

Woot congratulations that is quite a feat for a 'young' blog! :)

Great prizes too hehe I believe naman that one doesn't have to spend huge amounts of moolah for V day. It is the thought and the company that counts!

Lazarus said...

Congrats!

If my calculation is correct, you have an average of 22-25 visitors a day in more or less 45 days of blogging.

ipanema said...

oi, may pahabol...yung last 2...hopia and batchoy...OMG! sige, i'll have this as well. :)

so, who's the lucky visitor?

Sidney said...

First congratulation... 1000 visitors already... that is quick.
Up to 10.000 now!

Happy Valentine's Day!

And who is the winner?

Panaderos said...

Hi Daphne,

Thank you very much. I agree that one doesn't really have to spend a load of money to have a meaningful Valentine's Day. Enjoying and loving each other's company is what truly counts.

Panaderos said...

Lazarus,

Your computation's quite accurate, fellow CPA. You are an honor to the profession. :) Thanks for the greet.

Panaderos said...

Ipanema,

Hahaha Ipadedeliver ko na lang sa iyo. Bagong luto pa! Hahaha

Panaderos said...

Sidney,

Thank you very much. My Valentine's Day celebration would have to wait a week. Hahaha Gf and I had to coordinate our vacation and work schedules. Thus, we won't get to celebrate V-Day until the week after next.

Anonymous said...

Congrats pre - well done. More power to you :)

I love that romantic batchoy lunch hehe :)

Panaderos said...

BW,

Thanks for your support, Pards. :)

Ramon Jose said...

congratulations! and how generous of you to give that many prizes.

I wonder what the prizes are for your 10,000th?

Panaderos said...

Monaco,

Thank you. I'm glad I have some time (probably two years) to think of what prizes to give away to 10,000th visitor.

A trip to Palawan perhaps? :P

rolly said...

daya. marami akong trabaho ngayon at kahapon. Binantayan ko sana yung site meter mo at nang nakakuha man lang kahit hopia.

Congrats.

Panaderos said...

Rolly,

Don't worry. There's always a next time. Watch for 10,000. :) That would be the next threshold as suggested by my dear readers.

zherwin said...

darn! i should have come here earlier, one month supply of Ube flavored eng bee tin hopia is all i need. :)

hey, congratulations!

Panaderos said...

Hi Zherwin,

Don't worry. The next awards will go out for the 10,000th visitor. Hahaha May chance pa uli. :)