Monday, January 28, 2008

The Worst Irony

Doesn't it sadden us no end when we have to do things we absolutely hate doing simply because we love?

16 responses:

Sidney said...

True! That is indeed very painful. But mostly we need to do it!

D@phne L@ur@ said...

If it is something we absolutely hate to do then I'm afraid to say it merely proves we don't love. In my humble opinion, if we do something because we love then it should come easy and not take a lot of effort on our part.

Panaderos said...

Sidney,

It depends really on the context but judging from what you wrote, I was thinking along the same lines you were.

Panaderos said...

Hi Daphne,

It depends on the context. I would agree with you in the context of having to give up a part of our personality or passion just to satisfy someone we supposedly love. If we are "forced" or made to do something that we do not like or something that we despise, then yes, I agree with you that it's not love. It would merely be an appeasement.

Anonymous said...

like wahat?

Panaderos said...

Examples would be arguments, sometimes bitter ones, between spouses or lovers that had to happen to improve their mmm understanding of each other. Though this arguments could be quite unpleasant at times, they help forge a strong relationship.

Anonymous said...

oops, typo.

okay.

Panaderos said...

That's okay. Even the best amongst us makes mistakes. Naks! Sipsip!

Unknown said...

Di ba, people who are in love do insane things? Only to realize their folly later on...

zherwin said...

well, corny it maybe, but just like how the world knew it, love is blind (and lovers can't see).

:)

Panaderos said...

Rudy,

That's true. Some people do tend to hold on to a romantic notion or a romantic ideal. Unfortunately, they need to live through the folly before they realize it.

Panaderos said...

Hi Zherwin,

I think most, if not all, loves start blind. It's just that the successful relationships are the ones that go on long after the "blind" period had ended.

Thank you very much for your visit. Very much appreciated.

Ramon Jose said...

I hated exercising (I still do) but I had to force myself to go to the gym where this girl worked out almost everyday after office hours. The pains I had to go through, literally. I eventually met her, went steady but broke eight months later. to this day I still laugh at myself and remember all of this whenever I hear the name debbie.

Panaderos said...

Mon,

At least she was good for your health, even for just a short while. Hahaha

ipanema said...

so true. we are surprised by how we commit ourselves in doing unthinkable things for the sake of the other half.

may the force the with you! :)

Panaderos said...

Hi Ipanema,

Thank you. I'll need it. :)